Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
RYANS RYDE 2006 (Read 3124 times)
davsil

lichfield nabd rep

RYANS RYDE 2006
04.07.2006 at 22:27:32

Hi all. met this guy called Beau at meriden megaride who is organising a charity ride out on Sunday 6th August 2006 to raise money for the Paul Ackrill fund which is a registered charity number 1090118.  He is doing this because of the untimely death of his grandson in march this year after a 2 year battle against teenage cancer.

The ride out will start from Hopwood services on the M42 J2 at 1030 for 1100 start. suggested donation of £3.00 a bike.   Then riding to Bourton on the Water where secure parking has been arranged at the British Legion Club. I promised to put this on here for him. anymore info you can ring him on 01217705041  or email at beau.Yates@virgin.net.   seems a good ride out to support
Davsil

Dream as though you'll live forever
Live as though you'll die today
  IP Logged
pisces

I love JJ and bikes!

Re: RYANS RYDE 2006
Reply #1 - 10.07.2006 at 18:40:03

We met him at Heart of England, giving out the leaflets there. I think he said his grandson was 17 when he died, in March this year. He had been ill for two years. Very sad, and worth supporting. Anyone who cannot go on the ride because of holidays (it's at the end of the industrial fortnight) or other commitments, he will be happy to receive a donation toward the fund (for teenage cancer). His e-mail is beau.Yates@virgin.net, and he (Beau) can also be contacted on 07738620685 if you need any further information.

Chocolate cures most things .... a bike ride sorts the rest.
  IP Logged
Hogielad

Ride Free

Reply #2 - 01.08.2006 at 14:47:55

does anyone know the format for this event, i.e. route, when or if we stopping for lunch etc.  Need to know about food cos I can't go without me grub.  Have tried emailing this guy but not received any response yet.

Hands Up who's going   Huh

If you cant be nice to people, shut up and butt out
  IP Logged
Big_Vern
Global Moderator

Life's a beach - and
the sand gets
everywhere

Reply #3 - 03.08.2006 at 23:04:46

Here's some info from 1066. I doubt they will be stopping anywhere, the run isn't that long:

Here's the info:-  
Beau,
Is a larger than life character. He and his mates of Disfellowshiped BC are Regulars to the Rose & Crown and the St. Georges Bash  

In March his grandson Ryan lost a 2 year battle against teenage Cancer.

They have organised Charity Rideout on Sunday the 6th August 2006.  

The ride will meet at Hopwood Services on The M42 Junt.2 at 1030 for an 1100 depart - suggested donation of £3 per bike

They will travel to Bourton on the Water where secure parking is available at the British Legion Club.

All proceeds to the Paul Ackrill Fund Re Charity 1090118  
www.paulacrill.co.uk

Info:- BEAU on 07738620685 or 0121-770-5041 / Email:- beau.yates@virgin.net
or roder.ford@virgin.net

A few of us are meeting at the Rose & Crown,A435,Portway,J3/M42 at 10:00am, then leaving at 10:15 for the Hopwood services.
Anyone who wishes to join us are more than welcome.
See ya there.........

Shaggy & 1066mcc members.

Vic Hawkes
West Midlands Rep
National Association for Bikers with a Disability
http://www.nabd.org.uk

Keeper of the West Mids MAG website chalice
http://west-midlands-region.mag-uk.org
WWW   IP Logged
Hogielad

Ride Free

Reply #4 - 04.08.2006 at 09:45:17

BV, is jct 3 M42, the Evesham road? and if so is Pub Evesham side or Brum side cos Evesham side is dual track.  There is a pub on left just b4 jct but I dont know what it's called.  We r coming from Evesham, picking up with some mates, so we could come that way and meet up with you.  

IP Logged
Hogielad

Ride Free

Reply #5 - 04.08.2006 at 09:57:00

Just to add to this.  I have spoken to Beau and he is reckoning on around 500 bikes turning up. Royal British Legion at Bourton cannot lay on food and no where in the town can cater for that many people so it might be a good idea to bring some sarnies.  When they leave Bourton, they are going back to Evesham to Hampton Ferry for tea.

IP Logged
Big_Vern
Global Moderator

Life's a beach - and
the sand gets
everywhere

Reply #6 - 04.08.2006 at 10:55:11

The A435 does go to Evesham (after turning into the A46). As the address states Pertway I would presume that it is south of the M42 junction. Although I've never been there so I don't know for sure.

I doubt if I am going to be able to make it as it's my wifes birthday on the Saturday and I've been told that if I go out I will be a batchelor when I get back (which is tempting....but...). However on the Sunday she may have some friends around in which case she will be glad to get rid of me. If I do go I will try and meet up with the 1066 lads and go with them.

Vic

Vic Hawkes
West Midlands Rep
National Association for Bikers with a Disability
http://www.nabd.org.uk

Keeper of the West Mids MAG website chalice
http://west-midlands-region.mag-uk.org
WWW   IP Logged
pisces

I love JJ and bikes!

Reply #7 - 04.08.2006 at 23:29:29

We had planned to go, but now have to go down to London to collect my cousin, for 10.30 a.m. - so obviously won't make it. Will arrange to send our donation, though, and will be there in spirit - thinking of you all. Ride safe.

Chocolate cures most things .... a bike ride sorts the rest.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print